As we approached this day, the news was filled with information concerning the impending weather system which formed out over the Atlantic Ocean.
We are all familiar with storms in our lives. Unlike the weather systems which can be tracked by very sophisticated tracking devices, radar equipment, satellites and measuring devices in the air and water, we do not have the same kind of systems to inform us when trouble is brewing around us. But what we do have is more sophisticated and more reliable. We have the sure word of God.
2 Peter 1:19 Amplified Bible (AMP)
19 So we have the prophetic word made more certain. You do well to pay [close] attention to it as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and light breaks through the gloom and the [a]morning star arises in your hearts.
– The word of God is certain
– The Word of God is reliable
– The word of God can be trusted
– The Word of God shines (illuminates, enlightens, comforts, brings peace)
– It shines in the dark places of our lives
- It breaks through the despair, doubts, challenges etc.
– It brings, hope, joy, peace, to our hearts.
When we hear the news of an impending storm, it does not bring us any peace, rather it brings fear, foreboding, dread. But the Word of God gives us hope.
God is with us,
He can still the storms
He protects and shields
He keeps us in a good frame of mind in the midst of such situations
We can tap into God’s Word, and find peace in the midst of the storm.1